Friday, July 12, 2013

Looking back at the preschool years

Today my daughter graduated from preschool. Her teachers created a wonderful ceremony and gave the perfect gifts.The kids were lined up in their caps and gowns to sign their favorite songs and I watched my daughter and her classmates. I was in love!


Preschool is an amazing time in your child's life! The world is still so new and there are so many things to learn and explore.Each kid stood in front of their parents and random family members smiling and laughing. They were proud, but not sure why they were proud; they were also scared, not sure what to do with the fear and excitement.

I feel like everything is happening so fast and it is very cliche. I remember the doctor's appointment where I knew that I wasn't pregnant and was proven wrong. I remember driving to my boyfriend's house after that appointment and crying because I was so happy. I remember holding my baby, my daughter the moment after she was born. The rest is a blur of hair, chubby cheeks and a little girl that grew way too fast.

Preschool was an amazing time for my toddler. I watched her grow physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. I was really lucky to be working at my daughter's first daycare/preschool and become good friends with her teacher. She did amazing things like recite her first book, learn to paint real pictures, recognize her letters and numbers. She learned about sharing and what it means to play in a group. She learned how to deal with bullies and friends' having a bad day. Most importantly my preschooler learner that school is fun!

My baby girl is growing into a beautiful young girl. She is amazing and I am so proud of her. I need to remember two things:

  1. slow down and watch her play
  2. not to cry until the bus drives away

No comments:

Post a Comment